Welcome to Ms. King's Class 102
Here's What's Going On In Room 231
Reading: We are working on picking up good habits (taking sneak peeks, checking pictures, checking first sounds, scooping up words...) and dropping bad habits (mumbling, asking for help without trying, making bloopers...).
Phonics: We are studying our class names. Also, we have been on the lookout for words with short vowels and words containing blends and digraphs. Our friend Rasheed the lion is helping us.
Writing: We just writing small moment stories. These are stories about one time in our life. We are unfreezing the people in our stories. We are making them move and making them talk.
Math: We have been hard at work solving problems that involve putting groups together or taking groups apart. We have also been comparing groups to find out how many more and how many fewer.
Social Studies: We are learning about families.
Monday: Science 1:10-1:55
Tuesday: Physical Education 1:10-1:55
(please wear sneakers)
Wednesday: Art 9:55-10:40
Thursday: Music 10:40-11:30
Friday: Music 10:40-11:30
Students of the Month
Congratulations to our Students of the Month!!!
September: Evan Pena Carty and Anderson Wander
A Quick Note
- Please be sure to use MyOn as a resource for books. Your child is required to read for at least 10 minutes a day. MyOn gives them access to books at all times.
- We are collecting Box Tops. Please be on the lookout for them. Each Box Top is worth 10 cents for our school.
- The school will be participating in the American Cancer Society's 3-mile walk at Orchard Beach on Sunday, October 21st. Please consider participating and/or making a donation. Your generosity is greatly appreciated.
- Thank you for all your help and hard work at home. One hundred percent of our students were Homework Heroes for the month of September.
- A note will be going home soon about our first trip on December 7th.