Welcome to Ms. McGrath's Science Class
Unit 2: Wood and Paper
Essential Question: How do we observe and describe objects and the physical properties of objects
Some ideas we will focus on:
- Where does wood come from?
- What is made from wood?
- How is wood made?
- Properties of different types of wood.
- Where does paper come from?
- What are the observable properties of different types of paper?
- What are uses for different types of paper?
- How is paper made?
Unit 2: Solids and Liquids
Essential Question: How do we describe the properties of matter?
- What are the properties of different solids?
- How do the properties of solids influence how the solid is used?
- What are the properties of different liquids?
- How can we sort and classify solids and liquids?
- How do solids and liquids change?
- What can cause a solid or liquid to change?
Unit 2: Balance and Motion
Essential Question: What causes objects to move?
We are investigating how an object can balance and how objects move.
- How can you balance an object?
- What is a balance point?
- How are counterweights used to help balance an object?
- What are ways objects move?
- What is a force?
- What forces do we use everyday to start objects in motion?
- What is gravity?
We have also been working in our Science Notebook.