Welcome to Ms. McGrath's Science Class
Unit 1: Trees Through the Seasons
Essential Question: How do plants respond to environmental changes?
Each class has chosen a schoolyard tree to observe throughout the school year.
Some ideas we will focus on:
- What do trees need to live?
- What are the parts of the tree?
- How do trees change over a year?
- What do trees give us?
Unit 1: Animal Diversity
Essential Question: How are animals alike and different?
- What do living things need to survive?
- How do living things grow and change?
- What is a lifecycle?
- What observations can be made during different stages of the lifecycle?
- What are the parts of an insect?
- What makes an insect an insect?
Unit 1: Earth Materials
Essential Question: How do different materials affect the makeup of the Earth?
We have been learning about rocks.
- Making observations
- Comparing properties
- Sorting rocks
- What is the Earth made of
- Ways we use Earth materials
We have also been working in our Science Notebook.