Welcome to Ms. McGrath's Science Class
Unit 2: Wood and Paper
Essential Question: How do we observe and describe objects and the physical properties of objects?
We have been learning about wood.
- Where does it come from?
- What do we use it for?
- How are different types of wood different and the same?
- Can we sink wood?
- How are plywood and particleboard made?
We will study paper when we finish our study of wood.
- Where does paper come from?
- What are some different types of paper and how are they used?
- Are all papers good for writing on or easy to fold?
- What happens when paper gets wet?
- How is paper made?
Unit 2: Solids and Liquids
Essential Question: How do we describe the properties of matter?
We have been studying solids and liquids.
- What are solid materials?
- How can we describe solids?
- What are liquids?
- How can we describe liquids?
- How do solids and liquids move?
- How do the change?
- What happens to different solids when you add a liquid?
- What is toothpaste? Solid or liquid????
Unit 1: Earth Science- Earth Materials
Essential Question: How do different materials affect the makeup of the Earth?
We have been learning about rocks.
- Making observations
- Comparing properties
- Sorting rocks
- What is the Earth made of
- Ways we use Earth materials
We have also been working in our Science Notebook.